To reflect the growing importance of intellectual property (IP) assets in modern business, Oppenheim has established its new Trademarks and Designs practice focused mainly on trademark, design, domain and general branding issues within Hungary, the European Union and globally via its extensive network of correspondents.
Led by Aron Laszlo, a noted IP specialist, this dynamic team brings to Oppenheim a track record of successful IP planning and litigation skills which has included successful actions before Hungarian courts, the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (OHIM) and the court of Justice of the European Union.
Offering tailor made advice solutions to all IP issues the practice supports clients within diverse areas:
- Designers and creators wishing simply to protect their art and ideas.
- Small and medium sized enterprises (sme’s) seeking expert advice on such issues as branding and the creation of an international trade mark portfolio.
- multinational corporations seeking to secure their IP assets within the hungarian market.
In addition the practice is increasingly utilised as an IP window into the European Union for Asian and American companies seeking European wide protection for their IP assets. For them a direct connection to a practice which offers not only very competitive pricing but also an extensive multilingual ability is a serious benefit.
- Strategic branding advice
- Trademark and design searches
- Trademark and design applications
- Coordination of international applications
- Portfolio management
- Trademark and domain watches
- Domain complaints
- Prosecution and litigation in and out of court in Hungary and abroad
- Licence agreements
Áron László (senior counsel, head of practice)
Iván Bartal (head of IP/IT)
Barnabás Mező (associate)
András Cserny (associate)
Awards and rankings
World Trademark Review (WTR)
“The firm has an outstanding group of younger rising stars, including “ones to watch” […] and Áron László” (2012)
“László is a pragmatist with a keen understanding of his clents’ business and an admirable passion for his work” (2013)
“Oppenheim assists financial institutions, conglomerates and media companies with commercial IP matters.”